Black Friday is almost upon us (Nov. 27) and that means another big batch of limited edition vinyl for your listening and collecting pleasure! Just like our Covid-era version of Record Store Day, things will be a little different this year (like everything in 2020).
Actually, our RSD Drops in the past few months went so smoothly that we’re using the same procedures for Black Friday. So here’s what’s happening:
- Store hours will be 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- If you are arriving early please line up in a safe, socially responsible way. That means six-foot distancing and MASKS ARE MANDATORY.
- We will admit persons inside one at a time, with a maximum of five people at a time in the store. YOU MUST WEAR A MASK. After the first five are in, we will institute a one-out/one-in policy. We encourage you to make your Black Friday selections and check out promptly so others may come in. There will be plenty of time for browsing and digging after everyone in line has been served.
- IMPORTANT! Normally, crate digging is part of the fun. These are not normal times. Black Friday releases will be behind the counter and will be handed to you by our friendly staff. This will prevent unnecessary handling of records and crowding. Please take some time to look at the list of releases in advance, make notes or print it out and mark your picks (and maybe a few alternates), and bring it with you.
- As always, there is a limit of one copy of any particular release per customer.
- After about 11 a.m. we plan to transition to regular Covid-era store operations. Black Friday releases and the entire store will be available for browsing. We will cap the number of people in the store if necessary.
- As per RSD rules, there are no advance holds/reserves allowed. However, after 11 a.m. we will be glad to take phone orders for local pickup ONLY (or mail to a Lexington-area address).
- Selected remaining Black Friday stock will be posted at our Online Store starting during the afternoon of Nov. 27.
- Please stay home if you’re not feeling well! And while normally we encourage folks to bring the family, this is not one of these times.
A word on vinyl availability: We will be getting most of the releases on the official RSD Black Friday list. However, quantities are always limited and this year it seems like even more so. We, like all record stores, will run out of some things early. Try to have some alternates in mind in case you can’t get your first choices.
Hopefully we’ll be back to normal in 2021! Meanwhile, thanks for supporting us and other local independent businesses.